Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New skill - crochet flowers

Hi everyone - It's Sizzle. I thought I would check in and share some projects I have been working on lately. It has been pretty busy around my house - family reunion, potty training and an upcoming special birthday -so I have been doing a lot of different things. I love to try new things and when I see something I like online - even if it is a skill I don't have - I want to learn how to do it myself. So this week I have been learning how to crochet so I could create these:


A close up of the white one:


As I am getting more and more into the scrapbook making/stamping world I have come across all sorts of awesome blogs! I found the pattern for these here.  I learned the basic stitches by reading a book and referring back to it as I went through the pattern. My friend whipped out her first one in minutes. I spent quite a bit more time but I am learning a new skill and it is SO worth it.  (learn something new - it is fun)

These could be used as broaches for purses or a jacket, clip into a headband or a hat, as baby accessories or a doll accessory.

This is one of the dolls I made for my daughters first birthday with the flower in her hair. I am going to create two little orange ones for her pigtails but I had to try it out on the doll. Isn't it darling?  I designed and hand painted the face and did my own hair line (not the patterns). I am not an artist but I think she looks pretty good.  What do you think?





1 comment: