Tuesday, June 1, 2010


Hi friends - it Sizzle today. I wanted to update you on what is going on with our blog here in blog land. We are going totally laid-back. No schedules. We will just post when we have something to share. It could be anyone- at any time. That makes it more fun - right?
Today I am sharing a card I made for a girl who is having a baby. I am going to her shower tonight.
I have been trying out some new techniques and I think I am coming closer to finding my own style. Everyone has one but they are hard to find because we look at other people's stuff and like it so we try to do it just like that instead of working to find our own style. I am finding I like color and texture so I look for products that will help me with that. I have got a lot of coloring tools- chalk, colored pencils, ink, and now distress inks and the blender tool.

Here is what I came up with today:

I am always looking for boy stuff (hard to find but I AM finding stuff) this stamp set is all boy and has a bunch of cute boy stamps and sayings. I am always looking for ways to add texture - that's why I love my cuttlebug. The circles right of the mom with the baby is just white card stock that I "cuttlebugged" and colored with distress inks (antique linen, weathered wood and broken china).
I stamped the staying with ink on a white piece of card stock as well and colored that so it blended in with the other papers. The mom and baby I cut with my cricut at 3" out of navy and inked it black.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! That saying is very cute too. I'm sure J loved it!

    ReplyDelete