Friday, May 7, 2010

Setting goals to be creative

Happy Friday! It's Ritz again, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out what's worth writing about.

Every week I know that I have a goal or a deadline to meet before which I need to have done something creative. And honestly, this week I've done a bunch of things that I planned on sharing with you, but then they ended up not turning out so well.

I tried a couple new recipes that I thought would be fun but they turned out to be not-so-great.

I got something cool at the thrift store that I plan on fixing up, but didn't get to buy the supplies yet.

Then I had this great idea to recreate some baby shorts that I pulled out of my mom's baby clothes stash. I traced the shorts to make a pattern, got some fabric, and started making them, but realized about 10 times that I kept doing things wrong. I sort of know how they need to be done now, but didn't have time to try again so I'll have to share this one later once I can successfully make them correctly.

Anyway, it's been a great week to learn to learn from my mistakes. But it made me realize something--- how important it is to have a goal.

GOALS lead to ACTION

My goal every week is always to do something worth sharing. This week I kinda failed, but I tried, and I have a bunch of experiences to learn from in the future. 

So I challenge you to set a goal  to do something creative.  

Remember, goals need to be S.M.A.R.T
S: Specific - don't be vague...
M: Measurable - you need to be able to track them
A: Attainable - don't set them too high or you won't even try
R: Relevant - will this help you achieve an even bigger goal?
T: Time-based - you NEED a deadline

What goals do you have for yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment