Monday, May 17, 2010

Projects with a purpose

Hi it's Sizzle today. Jules and I switched days so now I have Monday and Thursday for a couple of months until Toots comes home (yeah!).

My creative projects this week and probably for the next few weeks are going to be focused on organizing and preparing for my baby's 1st birthday. Now, you should know that I am not one of those people who goes all out with decor, cupcakes, homemade pinatas etc but I do want to have some cute presents and pictures from her birthday.

The organization part comes preparing to get our house ready to sell. We aren't doing it anytime soon but we have a lot of in-depth projects (tile, resurfacing, painting, back splash etc) we want to get done this summer so we are getting rid of all the non-essentials and all clutter. I already have a pile in my garage. I LOVE projects so I am excited about all the work we have ahead of us but I want to get on top of it asap; plus less stuff = less mess.

Before I get into all the things I am doing to keep on top of things I thought I'd share some pictures of things in different phases.

First a scrapbook page of ultrasound pictures:


Then I started making all sorts of binders for everything. All my pattern books or pdf patterns I printed off are going in here in sheet protectors.


This is my daughters birthday present, I plan to make two dolls so they can play. This one is cut out -except for the hair. Hopefully I will get it done in time - it is coming up fast!

Make sure to set some time away to be creative today.

Sizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment