Friday, May 14, 2010
Summer Treats - Key Lime Pie
Mmm, so I think my favorite thing about summer is the excuse to make delicious cool summer treats. We had some friends over for dinner this week and they brought Lemonade Pie. Delicious. I don't remember the recipe, but it tasted very similar to Key Lime Pie, which I became addicted to last summer.
We went on our honeymoon to the Florida Keys and brought home a bottle of Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice. On the bottle there's a recipe for Key Lime Pie and ever since I've been in love with it. So simple too :)
Key Lime Pie
One 9" graham cracker pie shell
One 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (whites not used)
1/2 cup Key Lime Juice
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.
We tend to put it in the freezer because it can be pretty soft, but it's great both ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment