Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FONTS!!

This week on Write. Click. Scrapbook. they have been featuring FONTS! You should check out my other blog for a post of "Font Conference"

As a scrapbooker, digital designer and...A GIRL. I love fonts, so reading this blog this week has been super fun. Where can you find fun, free fonts? Try the list below.

The League of Moveable Type

Dafont

Abstract Fonts

Font River

Web Expedition

Font Stock

Kevin & Amanda

Scrapvillage

Font Shop

Font Diner

Creamundo

Font Head

Smashing Magazine


I personally usually use dafont.com. I haven't seen many of these before, so I'm excited to try out some new resources. People often underestimate the power of fonts. Don't do that! Here are some excellent examples from Write. Click. Scrapbook. of awesome typography. (Because, yes, that's what we designers call it.)


I love the simple font, but how the title is embedded. Awesome idea.

The examples both above and below show great contrast in fonts and how to tie the font in with your photos or art.


I love creating font and word collages, but sometimes they are a little difficult to pull out. I think this example has a nice balance and helps effectively fill its purpose in this page.

What are your favorite fonts?

My fall-back font is London Between from Dafont.com.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info on where to get free fonts! I have a Silhouette digital craft cutter and you can use free fonts with it. I'm excited to find some free fonts that I can use my vinyl with.

    ReplyDelete