Thursday, May 20, 2010

Painting the roses red...

you know from Alice in Wonderland. Well today I am asking your opinion on kitchens...specifically paint color for kitchens. My sister Ritz is dealing with this too so you can help us both out. We are painting our kitchen this summer. The reason is our cabinets are in good condition but the color is a little outdated so paint is the easy - cheaper fix.

Here are the color choices

Black here is a link to the lettered cottage kitchen when it was black they recently changed it to grey. I like black - it gives it pop and makes it more modern looking however, I am not sure a lot of people would go for black. Check out the pic first then tell me your opinion. http://www.theletteredcottage.net/2009/09/presto-chango.html





Colored - green, turquoise - Here you can see Stephanie's green kitchen
http://cuisinenie.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-12-04T01%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

White - this is classic but I just don't think it would fit the feeling of our house... plus I think that would look really dirty with kids so I am not a fan.










Brown -This is the hubby's pick. He wants a dark brown almost black. I couldn't find an online picture..... maybe something like this....





Do you have opinions on the color of kitchen. If you were buying a house would the color of a kitchen matter? What colors would turn you off? Which colors would excite you?

Do you like the black kitchen thing? I think it is a love or hate kind of thing. I like it but since we would be selling in a few years I don't want to put off people.

Opinions please?

Thanks, Sizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment