

dresses, skirts galore.
Then at a local garage sale, a fabric store was going out of business and selling all of their fabric for 2/yard so I got some fabric to make a dress:

The coloring looks funny on my monitor but it is red. I also got some black pinstripe suiting fabric to make a skirt and some grey interlock knit to make comfy pants of a fancy tea shirt like on tea rose home. She does amazing things to t-shirts.

Oh I also got some cute buttons - I don't believe you can have to many buttons - you can use them on anything! For all those nursing covers, purses, belts etc I got a life supply of d-rings...for a dollar.

Try going to a yard sale this weekend- here are some tips:
1. Have an idea of something you'd like to find - furniture, tools, scrapbook, home decor, sewing etc and scan the adds for ones that mention those items.
An example - I am looking for a serger so I hit all the sewing garage sales - I did find one but it was commercial and HUGE!
2. Multi/group/neighborhood garage sales are your best bet because they have a lot of stuff - all kinds.
3. If there is something you want but don't want to pay asking price for and they won't budge. Try again later in the day...you might even find it for free.
4. Don't get discouraged. Keep trying.
5. Always have cash.
6. If you wouldn't pay full price for it don't pay anything. If you find something you were looking for at a garage sale price - SCORE but we don't want to junk up our houses just because it was cheap.
7. Last tip - always think of how you could change it - paint, re stain, fix up etc
Yeah...I'm really bad at just buying stuff because it's a good deal. I've saved myself many times by using your rule of "would you pay full price for it?" Good thing to remember...
ReplyDelete