Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book reviews, patterns for Easter clothes and other randomness

Happy Thursday - it almost Friday- are you excited? Easter is coming and I want to make the kids something for Easter (good sewing practice). Joann's is having their simplicity pattern sale this week so I am heading there to check it out.




If you've ever been to a craft store the week of a pattern sale you know it is almost impossible to look at a pattern book so I search for patterns on-line and write down the numbers of the ones I like so I can just grab and go. Here are some patterns I found that I like:

The first one (above) is my favorite because even the boy stuff is cute. I don't understand why there are so little patterns for boys but millions for girls.


Here is another girl and boy pattern. These would all be cute for Easter.




Have you ever tried making baby shoes? I did from a website pattern and they took me forever! Maybe I need a better pattern or maybe they are just hard because they are so small. I don't know but these shoes make me want to give it another chance.


Oh and I rented this book from the library and I want to order it. It is great. If you sew at all but not ALL the time you forget stuff - like zippers, modifying patterns etc and this book has photo illustrations so if you ever forget you are covered!

Other randomness:

This week I finished watching the Lightening Thief movie and reading book 1 and 2 of the Olympian series. I have to say I thought the movie was okay before I read the book but after reading the book I don't get it. They left out all the GOOD STUFF. They made a totally different storyline. Almost nothing in the movie is like the book. The book is so much better than the movie.


I don't think it will be as hot as Harry Potter but it is good. I think Harry Potter is so unique because it created an entire new world (with history) from scratch.


Have you read it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment