Have you noticed all the wreath ideas flowing around the Internet lately? There are book wreaths, felt wreaths, fleece wreath, pinecone wreaths and cranberry, almond, wood beads etc.
They seem to be all the rage and I have never had a wreath on my front door. I love wreaths, I am always drawn to homes that have one of the door. They make it look so friendly and approachable but...wreaths are expensive and I am a cheapskate when it comes to home decor.
I hate spending money on those things that aren't needs that just dress up your home...I am not a jewerly buyer either probably for the same reason; I'd rather spend my money on fabric and scrapbook paper and any other crafty type thing I can get my hands on. :) I am one of those people who always thinks I could do this myself for cheaper well finally I DID!
However, I wanted to make my house friendly so I decided I would make one and see what I ended up with. I had one of those grape vine wreaths from a box of craft supplied that a friend was going to throw out so I just took the whole box thinking I might EVENTUALLY use everything in it.

You can find these wreaths at salvation army/thrift stores all time - just pull all the vines and ugly stuff off of them and you have a clean slate. I got this hanger 90% off but you can find them cheap anywhere.
I spray painted the wreath and the hanger white. I wrapped the bottom half of the wreath with beaded garland I got 90% off (which you could spray paint any color) and glued it in a few places. Then I let it sit thinking what should I put in the middle and found this WELCOME sign at Joanns for 75% off )3 dollars and hung that from the hanger. This wreath is CUTE. These pictures do not do it justice. I think the camera makes the beads look a wierd color. Have you made a wreath recently? Share your links in the comment section!
This whole project cost me $5

Very cute!
ReplyDelete