I told you earlier how I was going to do a treasure hunt for the boys to find their presents from Santa. Here is what it ended up looking like:



In the morning when the kids FINALLY awoke (I was up and pacing early they woke up late) they opened their stockings and some family presents. The map was in the stocking.
(still tired looking - it is 8:30 am and they went to bed at 7pm - I don't get it)
If I was to do it again I would put all the presents together or hide them until we got back because the boys got sidetracked playing with the few things they had under the tree (like 2) and were perfectly happy. I had to practically force them to be excited about our treasure hunt but once we started to get ready the excitement came. We got in the car and they found all the landmarks and the excitement mounted. It was fun. (note: they would have been just as excited to walk around the house and find a hiding place)Santa made the map using resume paper, a stencil made from my blackletter cricut cartridge and then he crumpled it and inked it - he probably could have used pen instead of pencil but of well. I am sure he was busy. 

A picture of them opening one of them at Grandma's house where we ended up. We went a round about way so they didn't recognize where we were until the last minute.
That weekend I made a scrapbook page with the map so they could remember our little adventure.


The favorite present of this one - Scooby-d00 underwear! He laid them out on the table so I could look at them and made me take a picture. 


First time seeing Santa - he is a little stunned that he is sitting on Santa Claus' lap. The older boy refused to sit on Santa's lap but told him he was a very nice man. LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment