We had one huge white wall that doesn't even have anything on it usually. But with all the holiday decorations up, the wall looked especially bare. We weren't sure what to put there, but then I remembered some wrapping paper I had. The whole room kinda has a red and white theme, so I thought this paper was a good solution...unless of course something better comes up down the road. :) I'm sure its not for everyone, but I kinda like it. You can obviously use any kind of paper to match your style. I like the short rolls that seemed just the right width for this type of stripe.
On another Christmas decoration note, I started mod podging my Christmas tree boxes. For the first and smallest one I cut a bunch of tiny strips from different paper. I like how this looks, but it takes forever. The hard part is covering the edges.
So for the biggest one, I used just one large cutout for the front and covered the sides with a solid red. I'll probably add some ribbon on the front.
I've yet to decide what to do with the third, middle box. Once I'm done, I'll set them on some fake snow on the top of a mantle or something.
Looks like that wrapping paper stripe in your wall will make a great place to put up Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteKK - You could paint the boxes with those little tubes of acrylic paint and then jut mod podge the front then you wouldn't have to worry about covering the sides because they'd be painted!
ReplyDeleteYea, we had the same thought about Christmas cards. And I thought about painting too, which is probably a great idea I should go forward on. :)
ReplyDelete