Sizzle here to share the results of my first baby shower (co-baby shower) but still my first ever. Here is our table. This is during the event so it is a little messy but you get the idea. We had a cheese ball/cracker, veggies, peppermint bark, fudge, juice and cupcakes. It was an open house shower which I have never really heard of before but people didn't really come and go they stayed so it didn't really work but an hour and a half was enough. We had 22 people show up. My friend (Casey) made the banner out of paper. It turned out so cute. I haven't taken it down yet.
This was the game we played. Casey made these cute sheets where everyone wrote a name for every letter of the alphabet to help them name their baby. I covered an old Oreo box (Costco) with wrapping paper for them to put them in when they were done. I also made little labels to tell people what to do instead of telling everyone individually.
This was the game we played. Casey made these cute sheets where everyone wrote a name for every letter of the alphabet to help them name their baby. I covered an old Oreo box (Costco) with wrapping paper for them to put them in when they were done. I also made little labels to tell people what to do instead of telling everyone individually.I didn't snap a picture of the gift table (darn) but I just set up a buffet table by the door so they could leave their gifts as soon as they walked it. I always feel awkward carrying a gift around so I thought ditching it at the door was a good solution.
Okay now the AMAZING frosting recipe. I LOVED it and I am oh so picky with frosting. I don't like the ones that taste like powdered sugar. I like it light and fluffy like cupcakes from a bakery. This is IT. Yum.
If you make a cake or cupcakes this season use THIS recipe. You'll love it!
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. In a small bowl (use an electric mixer like a Kitchen Aid or Bosch--it takes forever) beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside
2. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.

No comments:
Post a Comment