Monday, September 14, 2009

Mod Podging a memory book

Hey - It's Jules again! Traveling is one of my main passions, so I wanted to post about making artwork out of memories from travels or experiences. Scrapbooks are great, but sometimes you want to put up something on the wall or on the coffee table that you can look at everyday.
About two years ago I went to France with my boyfriend Than. He kept a beautiful journal of his perspectives that was inspiring to read, and in addition to the photos we took, I wanted to give him a Christmas present that would showcase both of these.
 - I bought a small black cardstock photo book with a spiral bind - I liked the small pages. 
 - I love buying old calendars to put in frames or use in colladges, so I had one with old pictures of France that i cut up.  
- Then I typed up portions of Than's journal with a cool font.
- I made a background colladge of the old paris photos along with our own pictures. Mod Podge is my favorite thing ever. You can just paint it over and it drys clear. 
-Over the pictures I put strips of the phrases that explained the photos beneath them. 
- I separated the pages that they should dry - and wha la!(Is a good idea to put some tissue between the pages or they'll stick)



For some awesome modpodge ideas - and until I put up my photos - check out this blog

1 comment:

  1. FYI you can get those spiral "scrapbooks" at wal-mart for 8$

    ReplyDelete