Sunday, August 25, 2013

PTI SAF 2013

I am participating in PTI stamp-a-faire this year.  There were 10 challenges and I completed all ten projects and I will upload them all here.  Thanks for taking a look.  I had a lot of fun together with other ladies in the DFW area.
Here is a photo of our group and our creations, Joy (the hostess) is taking the photo.  We had so much fun together and got a lot done!

This is my breakfast bake and take, you got to pick a sketch and a color scheme and go with that.  I tried to do a little boy birthday card.  
This is my flower I made out of tea dyed fabric and burlap.  I stamped the fabric with pure poppy and sewed the button on to hold it together.  
Here is my flower made into a project.  I utilized the same text stamping on the strip of vintage cream card stock


This is my use of the paper clay.  We had a difficult time with the stuff but we got a nice project out of it.  I used one of the sketches from the Take and Bake earlier in the day. We finally figured out that if you leave the die in the clay until AFTER you scrap it off then it works a lot better.  We had to cut the edges though.  This was not a favorite activity.

Here is my make your own mist.  We had fun with this one and whipped up a couple of colors including Royal Velvet and Pure Poppy which ended up looking more raspberry red.  I used both over a mask and finished up with a frame and a flower.  
This is my sprinkle of salt project.  There are so pretty good dots on the watercolor underneath the vellum but it was SO bright so I had to put the vellum on top.  I liked this one though- it looks better in person and was a simpler technique than the paperclay.  

This is my Galloon-Quart-Pint project.  I used a gallon of Hawaiian Shores, A quart of limeade ice (a new favorite) and a pint of Aqua Mist.  (In the photo you can barely tell the AQ from the HS but if you look closely you'll see it.  
This is my shrink plastic project.  I made the snowflake and heated with my heat gun (actually Debbie's heat gun) and it fit nicely inside the mini Polaroid frame.  I love that little guy.  I was happy to find out you could use a heat gun instead of heating up your entire house.  I live in Texas so if you can avoid that you do.  
Scent-Senational project.  This was so fun and we scratched a few and they worked such a great technique and so simple.  Now I have a reason to buy Jell-O.  Our group loved the gingham with the cherries so we all did our twist with the same paper.  
Limited ingredient challenge.  We weren't sure if we were allowed to use dies but it seemed like the design team did so we did but we tried to limit it as much a possible.  
Last but not least is the Sugar Coated embellishments.  I couldn't think of what I had on hand (away from home) that I could glitter so I tried the score tape technique.  It is pretty impressive glitter.  I thought this one would be good for one of my sons.  It was a long day but 10 whole projects- WOW!



 I hope you enjoyed Stamp-a-faire as much as I did.  See ya next year :)









2 comments:

  1. so many pretty cards! I hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! It was so much fun stamping with you and hanging out for the day. Can't wait till next time!

    ReplyDelete