Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Interactive card -PTI challenge

Hello again - I hope you aren't getting sick of cards this week.  Today's challenge was to create an interactive card and I have to say I was overwhelmed.  I have never done that before and didn't know where to start but with a 500$ prize plus the Movers and Shakers Collection (gasp) I had to try.

My 4 year old is never impressed with my cards he says - I don't like that mom - its pretty and boys don't like pretty.   That was the best back handed compliment I ever received - don't you think.  So today I challenged myself to make something he would like  love  appreciate.  My kids love those books with the flaps that they can open so I decided to go with that idea.

His birthday is coming up in March and he thinks rockets and dinosaurs are cool so that was my recipe.

Here is what I came up with:

Here it is with one window closed so you can see how it looks when it is flat 

Here is what is in the little windows - Tiny Treats birthday colored with Primas.

Result:  it passed the test he loved it and now my 2 year old wants me to make her one.  I see a lot of these type of cards in my future!
Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Christy! The little windows are so fun and I'm sure Wesley will "appreciate" it. That boy is too creative for his own good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love the little windows!
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete