Friday, June 24, 2011

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop Challenge

This is my first time participating in a Blog Hop! I was inspired by the photo for the color palate and also the playful feel of the card. I felt I had to have something ruffled and found this perfect ruffly ribbon in my stash. I used Distress Inks as water color and cut the balloons out of water color paper.



Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any advice on taking pictures of cards - setting etc I'd love to hear from you.


Sizzle


Recipe: Tim Holtz texture fade, Papertreyink, Up, Up an Away and Daily Sentiments and also cardstock.








11 comments:

  1. I love the embossing on your card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I don't think I've ever seen those balloons look so soft and pretty! And that embossed background - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the soft colors you used and the matching of the sunbeams embossed background with the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Hop! You certainly achieved your desired results. It's the kind of card that makes me smile. Hope to see you in months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pastel colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love the embossed background and the color on the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed background make the balloons look like they are bursting into the sky! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bee-utiful Hot Air Balloon card. I recently bought the Up, Up & Away PTI stamp set.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the embossing you used, fits perfectly with these balloons and they are in such lovely colors! Very nice card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the embossing you used on the background. A great card for your first blog hop (this month was my first hop as well)

    ReplyDelete