Monday, February 21, 2011

Crafting for Babies - freezer paper stencils

Happy Monday and Presidents day! Today I am logging in to share my stab at freezer paper stenciling. For my project I made two babies onesies. We are expecting child #4 end of March but we don't know if it is a boy or a girl. My solution: to make one of each so either way they have something to wear home from the hospital. So if it is a boy, he'll have a climbing frog:

If it's a girl she'll have a butterfly.

I used my cricut to cut the images from freezer paper. I used the settings depth 3, speed 3, pressure 2. I cut the butterfly (Home decor cartridge) at 3 inches and the frog (Paper Doll dress up cartridge) at 3 3/4.

I used Tulip fabric paints and simply ironed the stencil on, followed the paint's directions, let dry over night, pulled off and set with an iron. Super easy and they turned out super cute. My 21 month old keeps trying to put them on. lol
Sizzle

5 comments:

  1. You're are way cute. I def need to try again.

    Can you show which tulip paints you used? Were they the little or big bottles - some are matte or puffy etc...
    A lady at the store said the puffy paints would be fine if you just smoothed them out but I don't know if I believe her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the little bottles they were the SOFT tulip paint. They look like acrylic bottles but smaller and they say soft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute Christianne. I will have to try it. Your baby will look cute in either one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and how professional looking!

    ReplyDelete