Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome 2011

2011 is here and we have a lot going on this year. We have a wedding, a new baby coming and a milestone birthday. So hopefully we'll be able to share a few projects this year. Here are some cards I made semi-recently. This is a card I made for my brother-in-laws wedding but I never sent it. Terrible huh. I wonder if I still should but it was awhile a go now. I learned this technique for my favorite card making blog. Basically you cut a shape out of one piece of card stock and layer ribbon on the card base and then layer the shape over the ribbon. The stamps are from Papertrey ink.
This card is a card for a baby shower. I bought this cute bird stamp set from PTI (papertrey ink - little bitty bird) and wanted to test it out but I ended doing this right before the shower. Yikes. It turned out pretty good for being under a time crunch. I used watercolor to color in the stamped images and my cuttle bug for the embossed bottom half. The two scallop shapes I cut at 3.5 and 3 inches from the Straight from the Nest cartridge.

Here is a close up of the colored part. It isn't perfect but I don't think things have to be perfect to be cute. It is hard enough to find time to do something creative without worrying about things being perfect.
My goal this coming month is to make 10 birthday cards and 5 shower cards so I don't end up doing them a the last minute anymore.
Thanks for subscribing,
Sizzle


No comments:

Post a Comment