Sizzle here. I have been drawn to chipboard for awhile now. I love it. It is thick and you can paint it, cover it with paper, embellish it and it has its own dimension. I bought a pack of chipboard from the craft store years and year ago. I still have it because I could never figure out how to CUT IT.
They say you can cut it with scissors or a craft knife but it reality that takes a long time and doesn't provide professional results. I got the deep cut blade for my cricut hoping that it would cut chipboard.
It cut it but it didn't go all the way through. I had to do multi-cut the maximum x of times but it still didn't work. I had to cut through the rest with a craft knife and it ended up looking like this.
Not good. I COULD sand it and make it look okay but what is the use of using a tool if you end up doing all the work. So I decided the cricut doesn't work for chipboard - how disappointing.
The next step was finding these little tags at Michaels for 4.99:
I thought these tags would be darling in chipboard and I'd see if the cuttlebug would do a better job.
It did.
See how sharp that little tag is? I love it and it was so easy. I decided the manual die cut machines can cut a lot thicker material and a lot better. Now I am looking for a thick alphabet I can use with my cuttlebug to cut letters.
Here is my newly painted scrap desk. I decided that it works better for me to have all of my supplies in one place so here it is. You know something works for you when you make time to be there everyday. I LOVE the blue. It is bright so it motivates me.
Here is the page I finished. I am still working on the corresponding page.
See that little me and you piece I showed you before? The flowers fold so if it is flat you can see it better. I cut the flowers at three different sizes, inked them and used a blue brad in the center to pull in the blue from her hair bow. The flowers are from Mothers Day cartridge. I like flowers...






No comments:
Post a Comment