Thursday, April 22, 2010

Books and creative ways to buy


Do you like books? I think most people like books although there are some people who hate to read and I really don't get that. However, for those of you who do like books I have two creative ways to buy. First Amazon is having a 60% off sale of former New York Times best sellers. If you know of a great one that you have already read - leave a comment here. I'd like to know which ones are "winners."

The other day I stumbled onto a used book outlet. I am definitely going back. You should drive around places in your city that have outlets - usually they are warehouses and see if you have one too. They usually just have little signs in the general ares. I got a plastic bag full of hard cover books for $7. That's about 20+ children's books. They had all kinds and the only rule was you had to be able to close the handles. Those bags can fit a lot of books! This one was in Logan but I am sure they can be found in any city.

I have also found good deals on books at garage sales. Especially ones that are held by former teachers - they usually say this in their add. I got a whole year of scholastic books for a few dollars. They were all mint conditions (they were the ones the teacher would read to the class - kids didn't touch them) and most were classics like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Corduroy.

Books can get expensive so if you can find an outlet- which gets its inventory given to them by used book stores or thrift stores- you can save a bundle. Do you have a creative way to save money on books? Let us know?


1 comment:

  1. I like to find books at Seagull book too. They always have a clearance section at the back with kids books for cheap. You probably do this too, but I wanted to comment.

    ReplyDelete