I'm posting this from my Google phone driving from Las Vegas to San Diego. (hopefully the formating isn't horrible)! Last week I drove w some girlfriends from Denver to Moab, we stayed over and went hiking, then headed to Vegas. My boyfriend met us there and now driving to visit his friend.
Road-trips are a favorite past-time of our family. When we lived in Florida we drove all over the country to visit family. I think we've been in most state's that most people never see when they fly. For your next road-trip, here are some ideas and advice.
- national Parks are great destination points or as stopping places on the way. Camping is usually cheaper, and a hike in the morning before getting back in the car is reinvigorating.
- don't worry about getting to your destination super fast. give yourself enough time for both planned and spontaneous stops and detours. U may see something you didn't know was on the way. These random happenings enrich the experience and give great memories.
- I don't have any kids so don't have lots of advice. But from when I was young I remember our trips as almost being magical. We had snacks and games that we didn't have at home, so they were special. When we were moving we had two cars and made up songs about the scenary, singing to each other over walkie-talkies. We stopped at dinosaur Parks, playgrounds, places like Huckleberry Finns house - things we'd only heard about in books and stories.
- buy healthy snacks, but its okay to get some fun stuff to snack on, just go on walks when you stop.
- stay hydrated, people underestimate this, but it keeps everyone less cranky
No comments:
Post a Comment