Today I wanted to share some Valentines day traditions that I am trying to start with my family. I think traditions have to be more than a one day thing and I figure my kids are getting old enough now "(almost 5 and 3) that they will start to make memories of things we do together so we have been doing one or two things each day to show love and appreciation to those around us.
I love Valentine's day because it is a good excuse to do things for people that might be considered corny other parts of the year but for valentines they can be "sweet" or "nice." You know? I COULD hide hearts with messages where my husband will find them when he gets ready in the morning but he might think that was a little silly but on valentines day you can bet he will find things like that and MORE. :)
For the boys, we made giant sugar cookies and decorated them as conversation hearts and delivered them to their teachers and good friends. They LOVED delivering them. We made some fun ones for the kids to decorate too. We MAY have used a whole jar on 1; but maybe not.
Another thing we started this year was heart attacking the bedrooms with notes of love and appreciation. The kids light up when I read them. They each wrote one for the others (they told me what to write) and got to stick them on the door.
I also planned out and got the candy for the candy grams I am going to stick on their doors so they will get them on Valentines day. I KNOW they will love these!
We also made some peanut butter blossom cookies because they are daddy's favorite. Most of them are gone now they were THAT good.







L loved his valentines from his friends, and I loved the sugar cookie. I was only going to eat half of it, but I couldn't help it I ate it all. :) Good thing L didn't notice. Yummy!
ReplyDelete