I made it to use as a gift at a Valentines themed game night, but might not be going now so it may be mine! I don't have pictures of everything because the idea kept changing as I realized I didn't know how to do what I wanted... But hopefully it's enough to get the idea.
For materials, I bought 1/4 yard of each fabric, and I still have enough left to make another pillow. (I used the same fabric for the back and the pocket)
*Two squares 9"x11"
*Extra fabric for the pocket
*18" of pom pom trim
*A heart pattern (mine was abt 6" wide and 5.5" tall)
*Fiberfill
For the pocket, you'll want two "copies" so fold the fabric over (not pictured) and trace around the pattern on the wrong side.
So you have: (ignore the ribbon)
This is the part I kept changing and there's probably better options, but to do what I did:
Place right sides together, sew around the edges (leave an opening), clip edges and the "v" & flip. I then top stitched around it and closed the opening.
Then to sew it to the front panel I sewed over the topstitch line, but don't forget to leave an opening for your note! I inserted this card so you could see where my opening was. I sewed just to the top of each hump so they wouldn't flop over.
With that done, you're ready to sew the trim on and the pillow together. This part I was horrible at, so if you've never done pom pom trim before, I'd read these instructions first (scroll to the trim/sewing instructions). But remember we're just putting the trim on two edges. It's clearer and if I had followed those, I probably wouldn't have felt so incompetent.
So use a basting stitch (and a zipper foot if possible) to sew the trim on one edge first, and then layer it like this. The corner balls kept getting in my way, but the goal is to sew around with a 1/2" seam allowance. (Mine had to be less to catch the edge of the trim.)
Leave four inches or so open on the bottom edge to flip and stuff.
Now just add a note and give it to your Valentine!
It turned out so cute! I want to make these for everyone is my family and leave little notes in them when they do something to be proud of. What a great idea. You are so clever. lol :)
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah luckily I have a great sister who gives me great ideas :) Couldn't have done it without you Sizzle!
ReplyDeleteThat is really cute.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! And similar (sort of) to one of my projects from last week.
ReplyDeleteAndrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com