No I don't have a Snuggi.
The one thing that makes the winter bare able to me is a good book.
There is nothing better then snuggling in front of a fireplace, or in my case a space heater and reading a good book. It is even better if hot cocoa is in the mix. :)
I love going to the library and walking down the aisles, looking at covers, imagining the stories within the pages. It has gotten harder now that I have to take three kids with me but if I get time to sneak out alone the library is where you'll find me. (I don't mind taking the kids to craft/fabric stores or Lowe's- my other frequent haunts.)
My favorite books right now are by Stephanie Barron. The one pictured below is the first one - they are Jane Austen mysteries. They correspond with real life events-where she was and involved in at the time and they are so fun to read. I am a big Austen fan. I own all of her books. I read them almost every year - yes all. She wrote for me and Stephanie Barron gives me more Jane. I love it.

I read the three my local library have in their inventory and recently ordered the rest of them. So I have 6 to read before they are due. They are really great. I haven't watch any TV this week because I have these books to entertain me and they are so much better!
They do not have to be read in order. I have not read them in order and did not feel lost.
I also received this series (the Olympians) in the mail today. I have heard they are good and you can buy the set of three for 10.99 on Amazon. 

I can't wait to read them. I also reserved Hunger Games because I heard it is good but it will be Spring before I get my hands of that one.
I have a lot of hobbies. I have a lot that I want to learn and do but winter is for reading and knitting and doing things you can do from under a warm blanket. What is your winter hobby?
Hunger Games is awesome, I can't wait for you to read it. Also, question...how do you get different fonts for the post/sidebar titles? I've been trying forever and nothing works!
ReplyDeleteHUH. I had a friend do it for me I have no idea about that kind of stuff. K would know though she is super like that.
ReplyDelete