Sometimes I forget how much I love it because I also love fabric.
I love looking at it. I love collecting it. I swoon at quilting stores. I fall in love often and cutting a piece of fabric is like cutting off my right arm. I see fabric as art. I think it is beautiful just on the bolt. I don't want to ruin it but when I make myself I love what it turns into. It still hurts but it can become something that doesn't just sit in a box and look pretty, something I can use, that I can give or that can beautify my home.
The best thing is to turn it into something that will be loved and used.


Still...I want to hold on to my favorites and it is really REALLY hard for me to use it. However, this year I am going to do more sewing. I am going to try another quilt - with triangles, I would love to do a la mode by Thimble Blossoms. The truth is if I made these I would hide them in the closet because the last quilt I made for my boys they left an open marker on it and it bled...sad day...
If you want to sew you can get free patterns at modabakeshop.com or youcanmakethis.com or youcanquiltthis.com. If you don't want to cut the fabric (my least favorite part) you can buy then pre-cut. There are tons of patterns for jelly rolls -2.5 in strips or layer cakes-10in squares (precut fabric from Moda). If you would like to learn more about the bakery lingo check here
I have to get started because this is my fabric stash from THIS weekend:

Here are some more quilting patterns - quilts today are different than they were a few years ago. Doesn't it make you want to sew and quilt?


No comments:
Post a Comment