Sizzle here and today I am sharing a fun way to recycle those little bits of crayons, make ornaments and get the young ones in your life involved.
We made these when we were really little and my mom didn't even remember until I reminded her so I kind of had to figure out how to do it again. It is like making your own stained glass ornaments and it is SO easy.
You need:
wax paper
scissors
crayons
pencil sharpener
brown paper bag
ribbon/twine/string for hanger
an iron
construction paper
We made these when we were really little and my mom didn't even remember until I reminded her so I kind of had to figure out how to do it again. It is like making your own stained glass ornaments and it is SO easy.
You need:
wax paper
scissors
crayons
pencil sharpener
brown paper bag
ribbon/twine/string for hanger
an iron
construction paper
Don't ever throw away those broken crayons - I have in my time but I never will again - you can do SO many things with them.
Get those nubs and sharpen them, save all the shavings in little containers - use a different container for each color combination.
Cut your wax paper into sections - you want a big square (you will cut it down later).
Put a small pile of crayon shavings in between two piece of wax paper
Put the paper bag on top and iron (NO STEAM) - they will melt quickly!
It will looking something like this.
You'll want to cut a shape (2 - front and back) - my son wanted to make a heart to represent our new baby. Back story: We exchange ornaments in our family for Christmas and try to base them on something that happened or memorable about that year so he wanted to make a heart for the baby girl.
Cut a window out
Cut wax paper to shape with the part you want showing and staple/tape/glue to the front piece. Make a hook out of ribbon or string and adhere that behind the wax paper and then adhere the back shape.
I let my son do most of this so it isn't perfect looking, but its pretty cute for a 4 year old to make. He ended up drawing a face on it later with big eyelashes but that's another story
You could also do these for window decorations - they'd look cool with the sun shining through them










How funny, I did this when I was little too, and I couldn't remember how to do it. I was going to look into it for an activity to do with Landon. So now I can. It looks very cute! Good job W.
ReplyDelete