Thursday, December 17, 2009

Combining Traditions

There are so many fun Christmas traditions! This is my husband and my second Christmas being married and we haven't yet figured out which traditions will become "ours".

I think no matter what you do though, doing the things you "always" do is what makes it really feel like Christmas.


We're going to spotlight a few of the 5 Sisters' traditions next week that we had growing up, but I wanted to mention a few things that I enjoy at Christmas time.

First,
Graham Cracker Houses





















This is what we usually made (usually for Sizzle's birthday party activity) and perfect for kids. I think they taste better too. And having them sitting on your counter top for weeks definently adds to the festivities.

Secondly, Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread. Our grandma usually sent us a candy-cane shaped braided bread that we ate Christmas morning. Complete with gumdrop flowers. I always enjoyed that. Jeremy's family always has sticky buns that morning, but frequently have this yummy pull-apart bread handy during the holidays, so I'm featuring that today. The recipe linked is really easy and super-delicious!



















Lastly, I wanted to mention some ornaments. Sizzle mentioned that we've started and ornament exchange and I've enjoyed looking at all the fun ornaments. I really enjoy seeing my handy work hanging on the tree.

I found this tasty (but don't eat them...) recipe for Cinnamon Ornaments that looks fun.

I'm pretty sure we made these as kids at one time...but mostly I want them so my house smells like cinnamon...
and they're pretty cute.





















That's all I'm going to feature today, but check back next week for a more in-depth guide to some of the traditions we've enjoyed as the 5 Sisters.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment