I've got a great easy (possible gift...) craft for you today. The older brothers of the kids I watch have them for their scriptures and seminary journal and I kept eyeing them because they looked so easy to make, yet functional. So today while I was babysitting I grabbed one and snapped a few pictures so I could recreate them.
It took me an hour to figure everything out AND make it perfectly. So, with these instructions you can snap them out like candy. Hmm, not sure where that phrase came from, but you get the idea right?
Here's what you need:
One placemat
7/8 yd Cotton Belting (Not sure if this is what it's called...it's on little bolts by the yard)
(total cost <$2)
1) Fold placemat in half, right sides together. Sew down both short sides with abt 1/2 inch seam.
5) Sew around them in a cool x-ish pattern so they're nice and tight. (I also flattened the inside hem and sewed a little so it lays flat, but it's totally optional.)
So many options
This is a really cute idea. I want to make one for all of us. I will have to keep my eyes out for placemats!! Thanks
ReplyDeleteI really like this. I was even just thinking today that I needed a scripture bag. I will totally be on the look out for placemats now.
ReplyDelete