
I am a friend of Sizzle & Ritz. I knew each of them separately, and then found out they were sisters. How crazy is that! Anyway, Sizzle asked me to be a guest blogger today.
I decided to do a post about being creative with children. I have a 2 year old and a baby. I've noticed that my attempts at creativity are welcome with my kids. They like doing things out of the ordinary. I'm always looking for things I can do with them. My kids are young so we don't do complex things yet, but we do a lot of coloring and cooking and making paper crafts.
My top 3 favorite sites to go to when finding ideas are: http://www.treasurechestpreschool.blogspot.com/ This is a blog by my friend Andrea. She and I were in classes together for early childhood ed. Andrea has great ideas and is always doing fun things with her kids.
Joanns projects - Sometimes these are too hard for my 2 year old, but I improvise and we have fun.
http://www.familycorner.com/ This site has a ton of ideas.
I made an apron for my 2 year old for Christmas to encourage us to be more creative in the coming year. I guess that means being more creative without getting his clothes dirty. I let him pick out the fabric, but it is for Christmas, so I didn't let him see the finished project. I didn't have a pattern, so I measured him to see how long I wanted it, and I measured around his neck to determine how big to make the neck strap. I just added the side ties and a pocket. I haven't tried this on him yet because like I said it is for Christmas. Hopefully it fits. Here is the finished product.
Cute apron. I am sure L will LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Casey! Very cute and fun idea. I love cute aprons :)
ReplyDeleteCasey, as in Michelle's sister?! haha.
ReplyDelete