
I wanted to piece together several elements for this project, so I first covered the entire box so I wouldn't have to worry about the wood showing through or covering it all up.

Then I selected and cut up the pieces of paper that I wanted to use. I decided on a pattern and set to work. I'd simply dip each piece in the mod podge and rub the glue around before placing it.

Here's my final product. I'll use it as a centerpiece on a table or entertainment center, but I'll probably accompany it with something more traditional. I'd like to put tissue paper in the center, but currently only had holiday colors in felt. I'd love to have this be a candy cane holder or something.
That is really cute.
ReplyDeleteYou inspired me to make a scripture case for my husband using Mod Podge. I NEVER thought of it before your fridge organizing post the other day. I used an old cereal box, some scrapbooking paper, and some ribbon. Hope he uses it as it looks a little more girly than he likes, haha.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad that people are actually getting their own ideas from these posts.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see a pic of your scripture case; it sounds really cool. Send one to cjuices2 at gmail.com
:)