This project idea came about as I was cleaning out my purse; I have a mom purse which means it is really messy! I have so much stuff I carry around that sometimes the important documents get misplaced. I carry around all my kids immunizations records so when I am at the doctors they can sign it off and I don't have to worry about leaving it at home but they are hard to find so I decided I'd make a cute little clutch to go inside my purse to carry those important documents.
This is what it looks like when it is finished.
To start I measured my biggest card that I wanted to keep in the clutch and I cut it about 1/2 larger than the card. If you want it less snug leave a larger allowance. I ended up cutting my fabic 7.5x11.5.
You'll want two rectangles of fabric and one of batting, so three over all. Iron.
Next layer your pieces like this:
The fabric pieces are right sides together and the batting in behind the bottom piece.
Sew around the rectangles leaving one side mostly open. You'll use a 1/4 in seam - you can just sew a long the edge of your foot - that is close enough.
This is the end I left open...see?
Sorry this is blurry...cut the corners (don't cut the seam just the triangles off). You should trim the seams too while you are at it.
Turn right side out. Fold the backing fabric over the from - about 3.5 inches. Check that your idem will fit. Sew along the side as close as you can to the edge.
Flip the pocked so the outside fabric is on top. Pin the side you left open so that both fabric pices fold in.
It will look like this when you are done:
Here is a nifty clutch.
You can make this is any size and it is really easy - just a rectangle.











No comments:
Post a Comment