The one small thing I did was making some more magnets. I didn't want that to be the focus of my post so I had hoped to complete something else as well...but....hey these are still cool.
I posted about bubble magnets a while ago. Recently my roommate hung up a big magnet board in our kitchen. However, we haven't used it and wouldn't have many magnets to use anyways. So I wanted to make some that could be decorative and useful.I picked out a bunch of fake flowers at the dollar store. I'm hoping to also use these to make some cool hair accessories. But they are basically the same as regular magnets, except you put the flowers between the colored paper and the magnet. Ta-da! Quick and easy.
So in hoping I get to some more projects soon, here are some of the hopeful projects that have been inspiring me. And yes, some are quite random.P.S. Any inspiration and ideas would be awesome, and I'd love to try anything out.

I ventured away from my normal breakfast cereal when this large box of Honey Nut Cheerios was on sale. I'm definitely going to have to try Ritz's tips for a magazine organizer; this box seems sturdy.

Even a couple of weeks before Halloween, Roberts Crafts had all their Halloween stuff 50 percent off. I picked up a couple of the containers and signs. I hope to make a sort of welcome sign for my apartment and possibly decorate the others as Thanksgiving or Christmas stuff. These things are only Halloweenish if you choose to decorate it as such. So it was a great deal getting each item for maybe 50 cents.
I've been holding on to this one for several months now. You might not be able to tell, but it's a big, thick frame-esqe of a box about an inch deep. There is a flannel board with a stand on the back that fits inside. I found this at Savers and knew some project was screaming out at me....I just haven't figured out what yet.
I got this cardboard Christmas tree at D.I. for a dollar. And yes, there are about 4 smaller stacked trees inside. This was quite the deal as just one of these can cost close to $10. This project is screaming mod podge to me, but I might have to play around with options.
No comments:
Post a Comment