Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby Shower Invites by Sizzle

Hi all - again! We finished the baby shower invites today and I just can't wait to share until next Tuesday. I am sure I will have something else to share by then so I am posting 2x today. Exciting huh!

(I am so excited for Black Friday!!! I have been scouring the online leaks at bfads.net - my favorite shopping day of the year)

So, here are the final products. Would YOU be so excited to come if you got these in the mail?  You'd come right?

We used a ribbon punch to add the ribbon to the bookmarks.  It adds a little extra flare don't you think?

We ran out of brown cardstock so this is what we came up with for the rest of them:
Are you liking the brown or grey better?  Since the grey is so light - I inked the edges to make them seem more finished.  The paper is a denim looking paper.  I love it too.

Here is what you do if you want to make your own:

Cut cardstock 3.5 inches wide x 8.5 inches long
Cut patterned paper 3.5 inches wide x 6 inches long
(these don't need to be as long because of the pocket)

Glue patterned paper onto cardstock with glue stick or other adhensive

Fold pocket up (about 3 inches)

adhere pocket to back (we used tacky tape)

Clip corners using corner rounder (this really mades them look GOOD)



Make the inserts on your computer include all the necessary details like times, date, location RSVP and who the shower is for.  Don't forget that!

Our inserts measured 2.5" wide x 5 1/4" long
(I know this is supposed to be LxW but I don't think that way)

Use a ribbon punch to punch holes for ribbon
Cut adequate lengths of ribbon and double knot. 

Ta Da!!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! Good job. I love the airplanes and both version. And the rounded corners make them look awesome!

    ReplyDelete