Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby shower invites and bookcase reveal

Hi Everyone in Blog land. Today I wanted to share with you some things I am working on and get ideas from you for a baby shower I am co-hosting in December (it is coming up so QUICKLY). I have so many projects I wanted to finish to show you today but I have been working on the invitations to this shower in every spare moment.

Here is what I have so far:




We were thinking we'd do a aviation theme since that is what she is using for her nursery (so cute). I've cut a ton of airplanes out using my Cricut (Everyday Paper Dolls cart) but haven't gotten them all attached yet. The actual invite is going to be a bookmark type think that slides into the pocket. We are finishing putting these together tomorrow then I will post the finished product. Any idea for baby shower decor? I have only been to two baby showers EVER...

I was looking for a corner punch to round the edges and found one for $4 at Wal-mart! That is so much cheaper then Michael's even with a coupon and it worked great!







I also wanted to share my bookcase that I built back in September. I finally got it finished and INSIDE the house. Now I love the way it looks. I was skeptical after all the problems I had finishing it but now I think I could build another one and it would be easier the second time.







Can you believe I built this?
This is what you will need to build your own:

3 - 8' 12x1 to be cut into 4' lengths (5 for the shelves, 1 for the braces)
3 - 6' 12x1 for the sides

1x2 pine strips
3-1x2x6 for the sides (to but under each self to position them)
7-1x2x4 for the trim
8x4 wood paneling for the backing

Skill saw or table saw
Electric drill, bits and screwdriver bits
Router and bits (I rented this)
Hammer
Large T square
Two inch wood screws
Saw horses or table
Finishing nails

A partner to help you hold the boards in place until you can get it put together.


Things that I NEED to finish asap. This embroidery I did from a needle in a haystack pattern (I am a pattern tester) which will be out soon. I need to make it into a pillow. They have a machines embroidery pattern for this as well if you follow this link.


I bought this shelf awhile back because I LOVE shelves but it never worked where I had it so I am going to change it into something awesome for my craft room!







Thanks for letting me share with you today!

Sizzle

2 comments:

  1. Didn't one of you post a blog on MOBILES? I say for the baby shower, make an airplane mobile for decorations. When it's all over, give it to the new mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea! I am not sure what her colors are but I should find out and maybe cut planes out of ceral boxes or get the chipboard cutter for my cricut. MMMM....Thanks Mindy

    ReplyDelete