Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October


Wow, Sept flew by and October is beginning with COLD weather where I am...ick.  We are going to do something seasonal crafts and decor ideas this month.  I am going to share some fun and easy activites you can do with young children (4 and under).  It is hard to find things for young kids to do so I will post some ideas next week. 

For today here is an easy seasonal centerpiece idea:
I got these vases at Hobby Lobby - I have three of them but just pictured one.

The glass give it gives it a kind of ghostly effect. 

Here is a look inside:
I used black beans for the filler.  I love the black and orange combination and using black beans is a cheap and easy way to do it.  I am going to wrap some cheesecloth around it but haven't gotten to it yet (can't find my cheescloth).

 I lit them last night for dinner but the 2 year old blew them out - the only time he has seen candles in on birthdays so he probably figured that was what he was supposed to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment