Thursday, September 24, 2009

Creative Space


I finally got my craft room finished.  I love it!!  I could seriously spend all day in there if I could.  All it needs is a big clock on the back wall between the bulletin boards.  I am hoping to find a great deal at a garage sale or a thrift store and paint it blue to match my desk. 

There are two 6 foot tables.  It gives me plenty of space to spread out and if I make a mess on one, as in this picture, I still have a clear workspace.  In another case, the kids can color at one while I work on the other.  The bonus is that I set it up so I can sit facing a giant window, look outside and watch the kids play and not feel cooped up. 

I used to keep all my craft stuff in a closet in the basement, but after moving bedrooms around I got space to put everything out in the open.  I still need to organize it a little more but it is so nice to easily see what I have. 

I made the four memo boards so I can hang up patterns, to-do lists, calendar etc and also to decorate the space.  I bulletin boards! 





I covered them with fabrics that make me happy.  I love the color they bring to the space and because they are small I can use a lot of different fabrics. 



My pegboard is useful to keep scissors and other things I don't want the kids to get out of the way.  I wanted a basket for the glues but I have 1/8 in pegboard and the ones they sell most places are for 1/4.  If I would have known that I would have got the 1/4 in size.  Live and learn, I guess.

I keep all my nice fabric in this although I might need to rethink that because the other day my son Wesley cut into one of my favorite fabrics.  He told me he wanted to make a bat. 
On the top I keep files of the kids artwork and patterns I want to try out. 


The last part of my space is my sewing table and chair that I re-did.  I put it right by the window so I have all the natural light and can look outside while I work.  I also have a standing lamp in the room that I can use for crafting at night. 

There you have it, my creative space.  It is just right for me.  I don't think you need a whole room for a creative space but it is sure nice.  Where do you create?

No comments:

Post a Comment