I recently relocated with my family to Texas to a house and area I had never seen before and we are starting to turn this house into our home. The first thing I did when we moved in is add some color to the front door. You can't tell in the pictures but it was really dingy and worn with scratches all over it. Here is the before photo.

I loved the blue I painted my last door (Mark Twain by Kwal) but this house seemed to be calling for red or yellow. I didn't go with red because tons of people have red doors and then our house would be red, white and blue and although I love America that would be a little over the top. I decided on a sunny yellow that seemed to go well with the blue shutters and the brick color. I got it at Home Depot and I think it is called Autumn Moon.
Here is the after picture.
I might go back and paint the side panels the same color as the trim but I can't decide. I kind of want to paint the shutters black but we couldn't get them off so that might be a professional is needed project in the future but for now I have a fresh, sunny face on my new place. :)
I am trying so hard to just tackle and finish one project at a time but it is difficult for me but I will try to keep you updated and I turn this house in our home.
Sincerely,
Sizzle
Wow, I've been needing to paint mine for years and it takes you a week. How do you pick the color? I'm always afraid it'll be wrong and I'll have to redo it.
ReplyDeleteNice! that looks a ton better. We're so excited to visit you guys this summer!
ReplyDeleteWell the door really bugged me so I HAD to change it. I got a ton of paint chips in the color palette I liked and made sure they looked good with the brick and the shutters then I just went with it.
ReplyDelete