Monday, September 3, 2012

Cover Your Couch with a Sheet

My husband and I decided not to buy new furniture when we were married.  We had two more years of school and we didn't want to drag a lot of furniture around with us place to place. Plus, our sense of style and color is kind of thwarted with our attention on everything but our house.

As a result, every piece of furniture we own was either given to us or bought at a garage sell. The "gift" items usually were pieces that would have ended up in the dumpster if we had not intervened.

Needless to say we don't have the nicest looking furniture in the world. Our couch for example, is green, brown, and red plaid. It didn't bother me the first year we were married but when we moved into our new apartment the colors and worn out spots in the cushions started to gross me out.

So I decided to do what any other starving student would do and cover it as cheaply as possible.

Materials:
1 King sheet
2 matching pillow cases
1 twin sheet (a complimentary pattern/color to cover the pillows)
1 package of safety pins

All of these items were purchase in the AS IS section at IKEA

The pictures demonstrate my process. Basically, I used the King sheet to cover the front of the couch and the pillow cases to cover the arms. I cut the King sheet in half and pinned each half to the bottom of the cushions in the seat. I did not cut the pillow cases. I pinned them on as they came.











No comments:

Post a Comment