I read a lot in the winter because...well it is COLD and I want to go outside as little as humanly possible so I thought I'd make bookmarks for all the teachers. I came up with the saying"
You deserve high "marks" - thanks for making ____{your school}___ great.
They turned out so cute! I wish you could see them in real life.
I used the bookmark die from Papertrey ink and the Mehndi Medallion Stamp set ($5 - this is a steal of a stamp set!). I stamped each one twice with a coordinating ink color. I discovered that I love the look of Navy on colored cardstock! After stamping the front, I decided to add a little something to the back too. I added little sayings to the back of the stamps: "This is where I fell asleep", "Just until I finish this chapter" etc... These stamps are from the All Booked Up stamp set from Papertrey ink. I use this set a lot.
I then got them laminated - the home laminator I have wasn't industrial enough for a bookmark so I'd recommend taking them somewhere. I tried to do it myself but it came off. It cost me 4 dollars to laminate 30.
I made little tags cut at 1.5 with my cricut using the George Basic shapes cartridge in navy. This curvy little tag is my favorite. I used it on my sisters wedding centerpieces too - I will have to show you those sometime (when I get the photos from Nertz).
Recipe:
Papertrey ink card stock: assorted colors (from sampler pack)
Ink colors: SU: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Wild Washbi, Perfect Plum
Bookmark die: Papertrey Ink
Stamp sets: Mehndi Medallion and All Booked Up - Papertrey Ink
Cricut: George and Basic Shapes tag at 1.5
Other: Embroidery Floss, laminate, corner chomper
No comments:
Post a Comment