Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PTI Make it Monday - Polaroid 2-step masking

This week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday was to do a Polaroid masking. I have never tried this before so I wanted to do the same size as Nicole. Two of my lovely sisters are getting married this year so I thought I'd make a card with that occasion in mind. I decided to use the Love Birds stamp set. I thought the cages would be cute around the border.


The bird I stamped in Red but then added their tails in pick because they looked pretty funny without their tails. It was a good experiment. Because I had the birds together I added a tulle ruffle on the opposite side and also stitched around the two sides to create some balance.



Here is a close us of the ruffle. I love adding tulle to cards. I haven't seen anybody else do this but I think it adds a soft feminine touch. Sorry you can't really see the stitching. I pierced the holes and sewed it by hand.




If you want to learn this technique the link is here.



Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty , I like the bird houses on the frame. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how you added birdhouses onto the frame. The red birds pop out!

    ReplyDelete