Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Symbolism in creating a personalized Card

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great Easter. I did. I just downloaded my pictures from my camera and I took 61 pictures - that is a record for me. Most of them were trying to get people to smile or getting the baby to look at me so I am thankful for digital camera! Can you imagine how much that would have cost the old way?

Today I am going to share a card I made and tell you the symbolism I used in creating it.


I made this for our Grandparents both of which are having a lot of health problems recently. I cut the butterfly from the Home Decor cartridge with my Cricut. I think it was cut at 2.5 or 3 inches.

I tried to age the butterfly so it looks a little worn down but still beautiful. I used a white soft color for the shadow and a dark color for the image. I used two different colors of paper for the background. One dark and one light. I mended the two papers together by piercing holes in the card and stitching with a needle and thread. I combined a light and a dark color of thread (green and brown) which also tie into the paper. I set the butterfly above the mended background with dimensionals. It is flying from the dark colored patter into the light colored paper - whole and intact.

It's those little things that make a homemade card special - not just for the person recieving it but for the person sending it as well.

Thanks for subscribing to our blog.

Sizzle

1 comment: