Today I am going to share another card. I love making cards. Have you noticed? The reason is that I can try out new techniques and products without a lot of waste. I am not a waster. I like to use things to pieces. So last week I bought some Stampin' Up ink. I have been collecting some stamps - since they have been on clearance - and needed some ink. I have tried out a couple of brands - distress ink, Stazon ink, Stampabilities ink and Stampin' Up. It is strange to me how different inks are but I am just entering this world so I am learning as I go.
There are tons of YouTube videos on stamping so I am trying to learn a little each day - during naps - if I don't have to use that time to work out (which I have been doing great at since I started managing my time).
To make this card I used a tree stamp set by Hero Arts. I got it 50% of at Michael's. I love their blog! They have good videos too. I need to get my hands on a heat gun to try resist embossing! You can find the how-to video here.
I stamped the same tree with perfect plum and certainly celery onto drawing paper. They aren't perfect stamps but I am learning so it is okay. I used my new ATG gun - yeah- to tape the paper onto the card. I used my Signo uni-ball white pen to do the stitching and added a vellum sticker thing I got off HSN a LONG time ago. You got to use those things when you see an opportunity.
I learned a lot. I guess real stampers use a rule and set pencil lines where they want the base of their stamp to be so everything lines up. -note to self-

No comments:
Post a Comment