Friday, April 30, 2010

Our new house

Well we did it. We bought a house. Well we haven't closed yet, but offers are accepted and contracts are signed, so hopefully all goes well. Big commitments scare me, but I'm excited about this one. And I'm going to need your help as I go about making it home, so I figured you'd better see what it looks like so far.

Here's the outside:
The first is the listing photo since I didn't get a full head on pic. (And the one's I have are from my phone since I needed to text them to Jeremy) I also had to edit out my realtor because she didn't want to be in them in the first place, and most likely not posted on the internet..

And then when you walk in:

Hehe, yup it's mostly gutted. The seller is putting it all in though. New carpet, laminate flooring, paint, new toilets, vanities and sinks and a new dishwasher. He's also powerwashing it and cleaning the gutters. I guess they wanted to get it on the market before the tax credit was up... but this way we got a better price and we got to have some say in what type of stuff goes in it.

Anyway, then you walk in to this:


Another living area looking into the kitchen.
Then, walking toward the kitchen you see this,  Eating area with kitchen on left.  Door to porch and side stairs straight ahead.  (If you go all the way forward to the left you get to the laundry room - pic shown below).
Here's the kitchen part to the right. It'll need some cutesifing and new appliances someday.


Then the sideways laundry and probably pantry.


Then you can walk out to the porch and back yard. I know nothing abt landscaping or yards, so that'll be new. Oh, and the seller's apparently re-mulching too. Maybe that's just the front though..

Then the bedrooms all mostly look like this. There's 3 decent sized ones.


The bathrooms dont have much in them, so those pics are boring, so that's mostly it.

So, if while looking at these you've had some ideas spark with what to do to the place please tell me! I'm open to anything from fix-it projects to how to use the space.

Thanks, and till next time

1 comment:

  1. You might want to see if you can paint before all the NEW carpet and flooring goes in...nothing like having to tape and drape new floors. I bet it will be looking like home before you know it. good luck!

    ReplyDelete