I have to tell you that I have sat around waiting for a warm day - warm enough that I could leave the door open for hours as I painted it but we never got one. It took forever. I got my hopes up one day and this is what I woke up too. 

A lovely surprise for April - right?
So finally on Saturday it was supposed to be 60. I busted out my paint and brushes and got to work. It was not so warm - at least not at 9:30am when I was working, it was FREEZING but I got it done...hurray!.
Ready for the reveal? Of course you are or you wouldn't be reading this right?
I have to say it looks a ton better. I still have to do something about fixing the steps but I like the door color against the brick. I ended up getting Twain Blue and Kwal paint. It has amazing one coat coverage. I only had to touch up a few places - it was nice paint.
I am going to paint all the other stuff too....if it ever warms up. We haven't welcomed spring here yet. It is depressing especially since I have all these home projects I want to do and CAN'T. Ick.
Here is the picture of the house BEFORE the new door and of course before the paint. I had to really search for this one....
See the old door. I hated that thing. You can also see the green steps....maybe I should put that stuff back on....mmm. Any advice for the steps. I also need to find shutters for the little window to paint the same color of the door.
Thanks for all your votes. I love the blue door and my husband does too.




Very nice, I love that color. It looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteooh, love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the color! I want to put it in my bathroom. I'm sorry about your April snow. I know how it feels. We're having it today again! yuck
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. I am so glad you like it. I LOOVE it. I really want to paint everything that color now. It is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love it too! But, I already told you that... :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it! You did an amazing job!!! You know the house that was for sale across from mine. They made those shutters from supplies at Lowes. I bet you could whip some p really quick!!
ReplyDelete