Among my searching I found this tutorial at Make It Do. (I mentioned it before regarding the Make Ahead Muffins post there, which were super delicious by the way.) I thought I'd do a little review of the tutorial in case anyone is interested in trying one out.
I followed the Make It Do tutorial, mostly because it was a tad simpler than the other tutorial (mostly just the straps) I found at Vanilla Joy.
Here's how mine turned out.
[I included the dirty diaper in this pic for you :) ]
My thoughts:
Overall I like it, but it seems like there's so much fabric. Maybe my seat is smaller... Still works though
I did do one thing different by making it just one layer of fabric. It is so hot here already that I didn't want him to sweat in there anymore than necessary. I ended up cutting out a strip of the different fabric and doubling it at the bottom where the curved edges are. I just thought it would look nicer than just a hem if I wanted to flip it over (as in the bottom picture.)
My biggest complaint is the straps holding it onto the handle. They are really loose which allows the cover to slide off the side and then you end up flipping this fabric all over trying to fit in back on the cover. Turns out the Vanilla Joy tutorial might have been worth the effort because it's straps look more secure. I'll probably just resew the straps a little so their tighter to prevent this.
Anyway, it's nice to have. And it turns out I'm just meant to have baby posts. :)
I'm currently at my parents house for the weekend because my husbands in Boston for 3 days, and we're working on another fun recycling project similar to this post. Stay tuned and check back next Friday for what it is!
Arg, I can't get the spacing to stay normal... sorry
ReplyDeleteCould you cut the straps, attach velcro, and then make them velcro on and off? Might make it so they are more secure.
ReplyDelete