Monday, March 8, 2010

keeping color alive

Hello blog readers- thank you for reading our blog by the way! We are thankful somebody reads us and we aren't talking to thin air. The four of us sisters who have been blogging regularly live all over the states and sometimes we don't really know what is going on in each others lives but it is fun when our interests overlap; like Jules post on Color Theory yesterday.

She doesn't know it but we got a new door over the weekend and are trying to decide what color to paint it. We both want something colorful to enhance our curb appeal - we have none at this point. I am thinking blue (turquoise the color of the year)--my husband is wanting red. I love red doors, I do but our house is orange-y brick and our house faces West (so lighter is better) but we do have a covered door so red might be okay in that respect.

I was going to post about something totally different today but instead lets take a vote! I don't know if it will change the outcome but it might help us make up our minds and I'd love an unbiased opinion.


For the reds my husband likes Positive Red from Sherwin Williams
I like Show Stopper red SW7588

I tried them in this visualizer they have at sherwinwilliams.com and they didn't look too good.

I tried to pick the better ones from the visualizer program (pretty cool) -my favorites on the picture (not sure how accurate that is) were Bunglehouse blue and Rockwood Red

Vote - red or blue? I am going to try to do a vote thingy on the sidebar but I might not be able to figure it out so just leave a comment. Oh and we have to fix our stairs--they are so ugly because I tore the green astro turf that was there off. Any ideas - cover with bricks?

2 comments:

  1. The red kind of blends in to the brick. It doesn't look bad, but if you want something to stick out I say go blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove by the door this weekend, and I meant to tell you, it looks great. I vote blue. That little visualizer thing is cool.

    ReplyDelete