It's Thursday, my favorite day of the week. Today I am going to show you a new technique I learned - it isn't new but it is NEW to me. I love the look of colored stamps and the latest craze is Copic markers but they are 6 dollars for one marker and you need at least three in each colorway to get a good result. The next best thing (and A LOT cheaper) is what I'll show you today.
Chalk.
I've seen these chalk sets in stores forever but never knew what they were used for. That is what I will share today. This is what you'll need.
You'll need white card stock, ink (I discovered Stazon works the best for coloring- because it dries fast and the colors are true), scissors, a large stamp that you can color in and chalk.
This is after you stamp - just boring right.
Add the lightest shade of the color first (light yellow and light green here).
Here is a look at the shades I had - I used the far right ones first.
Then use progressively darker colors to shade and get the effect you want. You can rub some off if it seems like one color is too dark.
Then cut the stamp out of the card stock and apply to your project.
It really gives it a pretty look and you can fix mistakes. I love this technique.
BTW I got this stamp sets and some others on clearance at Joann's and Michael's - 3$ for each set. That is a steal- maybe you can still find some at your local stores!






Cute card! Never heard of Copic markers, but it looks super cute. I apparently am behind in my knowledge of papercrafting because I bought some of those clear stamps on clearance that you used but had no idea how to use them. I did learn, but have yet to purchase one of those clear blocks to actually put them to use...
ReplyDelete