Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paper Craft Tuesday with Sizzle


Good morning. I am slowing starting to feel better although I am still getting over a cold. The change of seasons really gets to my family and it is definitely changing to Spring here in Utah.
Today I wanted to share some cards I made last night. I love paper crafting but I haven't really gotten into as much as some people have. But it is really fun and I enjoy it when I do it.
Last night I wanted to play around with my Cuttlebug (a die-cut/embossing system) and use some embossing folders I got to make some birthday cards. Some turned into one birthday card and then another just for you card.

For the birthday one (above) I cut some card stock into 4 x 5.5 and folded it (I really need a score buddy because I am not a good folder) and then cut some green card stock a little smaller and ran in through my Cuttlebug with a happy birthday embossing folder (that's how I got that background.) The little present was a small embossing folder that I ran through with a small piece of red card stock cut to the size of the folder and then I sanded it to expose the white core.

This card I tried a card on my Cricut. I cut it from A Child's Year cartridge but I folded it a little crooked but just a little. I cut out this little bird tag and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swirl embossing folder and sanded it a little. I also inked the edges with cat eye color box ink and stamped the sentiment.

I love the Cuttlebug. Those embossing folders make a big difference and I am so happy when the finished product looks like what I have in my head.

I am going to make some more birthday cards so I have some on hand to send to family when their birthday's come up.

Make a card today - it is fun and easy and gets your creativity going.

2 comments:

  1. THOSE ARE SO CUTE! AND I LOVE THEM BECAUSE I HAVE EVERYTHING TO MAKE ONE SIMILAR! tHANKS FOR SHARING, I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIMENT W/MINE TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how cute. I didn't know you had all that cool stuff to do that. If only I lived closer so you could help me with birth announcements...

    ReplyDelete