Friday, January 22, 2010

Boppy Pillow

So I'm trying to scratch a few of the things off my craft to-do list. Awhile ago I started browsing craft blogs and found so many baby-type things that I wanted to try. At the time I had many months before baby, but now that it's getting closer I may just have to slim my list down a bit.

This one I started forever ago, so I figured I should at least finish it. My way-cheaper Boppy pillow (and cover)! I found this tutorial at Vanilla Joy which was just for the cover, but I figured I could adapt it to make the pillow itself too. You can just print the pattern from the site and tape it together. For the pillow I just cut 2 of the front pattern, sewed them together and stuffed with fiberfill. I put about 1.5 16oz bags in it so it was nice and full. I used mulsin because it was cheap and I was going to cover it. This is it naked:



This is the back of mine. The pattern is for a zipper but I couldn't find the right size so I just extended the top piece about 4 inches and turned it into a pocket that overlaps. I lined it up with the front pattern to get the angle to extend it. I may add velcro or buttons to keep it closed because its a little looser than I wanted.
*You can see on my picture where the seam was supposed to be because I already cut it out before I decided not to do the zipper. I just attached it to another piece of fabric first.
Anyway, it's done! Check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're in need of homecrafted baby items for yourself or for gifts, here's a few off my list that I thought would be fun:

Hooded Towel
http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/07/bear-hooded-towel.html

Pacifier clip
http://angieasplund.blogspot.com/2009/01/soother-pacifier-clip-tutorial.html

RicRac Receiving Blanket
http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2009/05/ric-rac-receiving-blanket-tutorial.html

Cloth Building Blocks
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/2009/06/23/sewing-fo-building-blocks/


Happy Stacker
http://www.heatherbaileystore.com/product-p/sp003-hs.htm


Diaper case
http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/03/diaperwipes-case.html


Changing Pad & Wipes Holder
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/02/changing-pad-and-wipes-holder-tutorial.html


With Love,

2 comments:

  1. Ruthie,
    Can you tell me how to do the boppy WITH the flap exactly because I'd rather not have a zipper. I'm looking for a slip cover for my boppy that I can just take off at any time, get the spit up out of in the wash and throw it back on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot keep up with all your blogs! You are all so amazing!

    Aunt Jannet

    ReplyDelete